Friday, May 8, 2009

Saying Goodbye

I am moving out of my apartment. So in the process of cleaning I came across my journal and started to read a few entries. This is one that I thought was kinda appropriate for today.

"Saying Goodbye" dated 2-21-08.

"You know, they say the two hardest things in life are saying hello for the first time and saying goodbye for the last. I don't think I have quite mastered either. I have never properly said goodbye to a person for the last time. I always hang on to hope. Hope that "maybe in five or ten, yours and mine will meet again and straighten this whole thing out." Hope that everything will eventually be alright. All the goodbyes I have said up until this point have been a facade, I have never actually said goodbye in my heart. I have held on. this is both physically and mentally debilitating. But today and maybe for a little while I think I am having a breakthrough. Who knows maybe one of these days there will be an entry titled "saying hello."

0 comments: