Thursday, September 3, 2009

Letter to Steve Jobs, CEO of apple

To whom it may concern:

I bought a 13 inch macbook in 2007 and noticed a year later that there were hairline cracks along the palmrest. I did some research and found that many others had experienced the same problem. I took it in to the local apple store and had a mac genius replace the cover. Within months the cracks were back again, this time along the top. Recently, cracks have again started appearing in bottom left palmrest area.

I have not dropped, abused, or damaged my computer in any way. In fact I specifically took extra care to close the laptop as gently as I was shown at the store. I want to know what the best method is to fix this new hairline crack. I have moved to ____, _____ to complete pharmacy school and I am not near an Apple store.

I am very disappointed that this is a recurring problem, not just for me but for many others as well, and that no proper long-term solution has been provided for it. It is disheartening to spend a thousand or more dollars on something you are led to believe is sturdy, but find it to be so fragile. Please let me know what you can do to take care of this problem. I have already spent a lot of time, effort, and money trying to fix this and am not will spend any more. Since this is a recurring problem, I would like for Apple to resolve this issue free of charge.

I have just ordered a mac book pro, and have spent quite a bit of money on it. I sincerely hope the mac book pro will not give me such trouble.

Thanks
___ ______

0 comments: