Thursday, November 12, 2009

Pure Hearts


Psalm 51

"God be merciful to me because your unfailing love, because you are always ready to be merciful"-verse 1

"Give me back the joy of your salvation. keep me strong by giving me a willing spirit"-verse 12

Sometimes I feel like David. I feel like David's Psalms could be his blog entries. They sound a lot like my prayers. Its funny because you would think that David, being the chaser of God's own heart was always speaking words of praise and encouragement, and that he always knew what he was doing and where he was going. The truth is David was just as lost as any of us. I cant count the number of times I have called out to God and cried "where are you and what are you doing??"  The thing I love the most about Psalms is that the verses start of like this, with David yelling at God or being upset at God because he thinks God has stopped caring but it always ends with David having a resolution or understanding of God's unfailing and unchanging love. The next time your soul is downcast and you find yourself yelling at God, just remember David and wait for the end of your psalm.

0 comments: