Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Around The House

So this weekend was a three day weekend for me. This allowed for a trip to the closest TARGET (which is almost 45 minutes away). I must say that all they say is true. There is clearly a certain Jena se qua that target has and wal-mart clearly doesn't. Unfortunately the local city I live only has a wal-mart (not a surprise). So n-e ways I drive the distance for the target and I am in search of a few items that will keep the apartment neat and organized (as stated in semester goals). So I decided to help those who are in search of a homely touch to their apartment and are not sure what they need.

1. Wicker Baskets- these work both as neat storage devices for lotions, clothes, books, and also give your room a neat homely touch.
2. Throws- finding an inexpensive throw to toss over your bed adds a touch of color and warmth to an otherwise square room
3. Lamps- go for color! if your room is mostly black and white or brown and creme a colored lamp gives it a clear retro feel and its FUN. THE GREAT THING is lamps are CHEAP. Target has several colors for only ten dollars.
4. Mirrors- (although I didn't buy one this time around)- Mirrors can be relatively cheap depending on where you decide to go. They give dimension to your room and keep your walls occupied.

Its the small details that give any room that homely feel. These are just a few simple tips that I found to work to help make my room a little bit more organized and comfortable.

0 comments: