Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Missing Ingredient

I dont know if I have ever mentioned on this blog what a horrible cook I am. Its the truth. There are some people who have special skill for those kind of things and I am simply not in that category. Which thus far I have deemed to be alright. So for the past...well ....I started it in 11th grade ( I am now a first year grad student..you do the math), I have been trying out a pasta recipe given to me from a dear friend. Since my first attempt, which turned out horrible (in case you were wondering), I have been on a mission to improve it. Any time I get the chance or am in the mood I pull out the colored pasta and begin the heartbreaking task of creating something edible. Although I have improved from the first overly oily batch of pasta there is still something missing. No matter how much I try the pasta is missing an ingredient. I DONT KNOW WHAT IT IS. It has no FLAVOR. I follow the recipe as directed...no help....then I try to add more stuff ....still no flavor. I am helplessly lost. Not to mention that failed attempts, only further pushes the home-maker inside of me into hiding. So now I am asking you dear readers (the three or four of you that exist), to help me this semester to be a better cook. Help me on my search to find that missing ingredient to make my pasta mouthwatering.

0 comments: