Saturday, March 6, 2010

New Project

I woke up this morning unusually excited! or happy I guess. I have been wanting a chalk board for a while now so today was the day that I was going to make that happen. Apparently the local wal-mart does not carry chalk boards so I decide to go to a local teacher supply store....an 8x12 size green chalk board (the only kind they had) cost me 6.50$ (womp-womp). She then told me she could special order a chalk board for me, so i got my hopes again and went to the catalog. EVERYTHING was overpriced ranging from 125$-400$ (sad). So I buy the small chalk-board and go to wal-mart again in search of something better. And then I decide that if i cant buy it ready made I am going to make it! THATS right I made a chalk board! This involved me buying a can of chalkboard spray paint from wal-mart, a stop at lowes for a piece of flat wood- which i would use as the board. And thus began the project. With some help i sprayed the paint (two coats) over the board and waited for it to dry to produce a valid board!- IT WORKED!!! yay me.

Other Adventures- Although I don't normally voluntarily go inside stores like lowes without a purpose. I was amused at the paint aisle. (needless to say I stole several paint samples ...I am very attracted to color). Hopefully the samples will provide inspiration!.

What projects have you started? Ne you would like to share? Leave a post!

0 comments: