Monday, April 12, 2010

Money Matters

Alright so ....most of you who read this probably know that I grossly overspend in ways that I probably should keep account of. I have become horrible with money and my parents/friends have gotten on to me  about this several times. So its time to take drastic measures....I must budget. I was given 100$ in my account I am supposed to cover groceries with this money and food and (side spending). I was really proud of how well i was going to be with this money. Let me tell, you money just disappears its like a magic trick (I think its one of the best ones out there...still haven't figured out the secret). On friday I went grocery shopping and spent 35$ ( I thought that it would be enough for the next whole week). On saturday I went to a local barnes and noble to study for biostats and of course I am going to buy a cup of coffee ( WHO DOESN'T?) and on a break I might have toured the target ( I WAS REAALLY REALLY REALLY GOOD...but i gave in and bought a shirt...it was however only 6$- in my defense its one of the colors of this season). The point is I realized that I had only 46$ left in my account and I was in trouble...so I sought help. I asked one of my friends to help me keep on track and teach me to budget. On a side note: this was probably something I should have been taught at a young age (that was a fail). His response was that I should use the remainder of the money for the next two weeks and split it in half---one half would be for spending and the other half would be for shopping. Every dollar I spend from this week will be taken out from the shopping half. It was a plan. I did no spending on sunday. Today I did no spending ...and then my room-mate needed to go to wal-mart. The truth is I did forget to buy salad and salad is an essential and I thought I needed soda too. I get there with the intent of buying two packets of salad and a soda and leave spending 18$ (=( ) that leaves me 6$ to technically keep within my budget for the rest of the week. Do you think I can do it? Any tips?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have an idea! But you're not going to like it....


Lock yourself in your closet and do all your learning via the internet. Don't even think about stepping foot outside your room or better yet, your apartment. This way there is no temptation. And this doesnt mean you can splurge online! CONTROL YOUSERLF!

yeah its not the best idea... but i told you that you wouldnt like it :)