Wednesday, January 26, 2011

First Day of Class

Okay so yesterday was my first day of class (for me), I missed the actual first day because I registered for the class late because there were a million requirements before getting in. I walked in with a new spiral, small bag, laptop, pens and pencils. I wore my expensive jeans a black turtleneck and a new pair of weird heels. At first glance my class was small and filled with much older people, no fresh faced bright eyed freshmen taking this course. I made a new friend. I also learned absolutely nothing. Everything said in the course was common sense but I took notes anyway.

Being in pharmacy school for 1.5 years I have been used to being the bottom of the barrel there for awhile. Struggling, and wondering why on earth I was putting myself through this torture. Over the past few weeks I have had sufficient time away from pharmacy and had some time to explore the outside world. I have made a few discoveries. Alot of things that are not pharmacy related come easy to me, I love literature and analyzing poems, I love picking up on marketing skills, history is a breeze, writing essays and projects are my forte. Sitting in my class, I remembered what it felt like to be smart. If I had chosen a career in any of these fields I would have excelled without the heartache, (hearburn), headaches, meltdowns, sufficient breakdowns brought on by my chosen career path. But the truth of the matter is I would not have been sufficiently challenged. Yes there are challenges to each of these other careers but for me it would not have been as challenging as  what I chose to do.

Many times people go for what's easy for them, what comes naturally, what takes the least amount of work with the most amount of pay. I think that life is not about the easy road out, there are going to be things that challenge us, there are going to be mountains and walls and forrest with unpaved roads. I want each one of you to pick up something that is absolutely difficult for you and try it, be successful in accomplishing it.

On a Side Note: Allegra is going OTC!

Happy Thinking
Challenge your selves!

Regina

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think sometimes God allows us to go through the challenging paths so that we learn to trust in Him more. Going down the easy path, it is easier to think we are successful because of our abilities and rest in our confidence in ourselves. However, the difficult path requires that we build our confidence in God, trust in Him, and find success through His grace.

God Bless.

Regina Roy said...

Thanks. I absolutely agree. IF you get the chance keep me in your prayers. May I ask who the writer is?