Tuesday, February 15, 2011

the bachelor "pick me, choose me, love me"

This Blog is to the ladies:

Dear Female Compadres:

A few months back when traveling  home via plane I had to make a stop in the Houston Hobby Airport and waited approximately 20 minutes. I decided to grab a quick bite to eat and wait near my gate. Of course while sitting in an airport filled with other flyers and customers and people trying to get places you are bound to people watch and overhear bits of conversations. I happen to be privy to one such conversation which happened to be by a women who was sitting directly behind me to a best friend on her phone. It went something like this "I mean I just don't get it, like I came down here to tell him if he had any doubts about this wedding with her (she who will not be named), he should not go through with the wedding, I just find it so hard to believe that I would have such strong feelings about something and for him to feel nothing at all, Why does he keep saying (she) has my heart rather then saying i love (she)."  I couldn't help but feel a sense of pity. She was obviously trying to get this man back and he obviously had picked someone else. I wanted to tell her it wasn't worth it, to move on, to find someone that was worth her time, SINCE her friends were only allowing her to continue on these ill advised pursuits. I, of course, thought better of it, but the scenario really stuck with me.

I never really understood the concept of shows like the bachelor. How can these women stand here and allow themselves to fall in love with a guy who is obviously deciding between a myriad of girls who all say they love him and watch as he gets close to other women...(umm hello do you enjoy self inflicted agony?)

Ladies, I am going to have to agree with fellow blogger Marily Jacob in her post
http://marilyjacob.wordpress.com/2010/12/04/making-the-move/
and Mark Driscoll as he speaks the truth. If a man does not choose you at first then you are going to spend the rest of your life convincing him to choose you and pick you and love you. You are absolutely worth loving and if he can't figure that out then you need to say goodbye. We are not meredith grey's (no matter how much we love her twisted soul, or how good looking MCDREAMY is).

That is ALL

Regina

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with Driscoll that men should first lay down their cards. However, when you deal other cultures like the Indian Malayalee Pentecostal community, making a move such as this can get someone in trouble no matter how clean the relationship is. I don’t know what to think of it really.