Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Hawaii Five-O Review

When the new remake of Hawaii Five-O first aired I was skeptical. Extremely Skeptical. I was a huge fan of the original with Jack Lord as Commander Steve McGarrett. Yes it's a 1960-1980s television series but me and both my younger brothers grew up on it. We loved the show, and steve and his many quirks as head of the special task force of Hawaii.

I am a fan of Alex O'Laughlin, from his "failing" television show Moonlight, which got cancelled (you knew I would have watched it). But even though O'Laughlin is not bad on the eyes, I was still afraid of anything contaminating a classic.

It took me a few episodes to get into the show and get along with Scott Caan's character Danny. But soon, I was a regular, and last nights season finale cinched the deal.

What started out as "cancellation on arrival" is now "if you don't continue this for another season you are stupid!" Scott Caan, despite my initial hesitance, is an excellent actor.

If you have not already given this show a chance, go ahead and jump in. Even if you have never heard of the original, the new one is able to stand on it's own.


Happy Watching

Regina Roy
Wordless Thoughts

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't watch it, but I do love my hot scruffy bad boy blond guy from Oceans.

So does my mom. No. Really.