Monday, March 5, 2012

SHE RUNS- 5k UPDATE

I RAN half a mile without stopping =). At the gym, the track upstairs is much smaller then a normal track so 16 laps around is about a mile. I ran 8 laps straight. When I first started, I was way out of shape....I could barely run 2 and a half laps without feeling chest tightness and shortness of breath! I am most likely going to be in severe pain tomorrow! I just want to say thanks to God (which may sound cheesy...but as I was typing this...it kept popping in my head...and hey God is the one who is responsible for all things so appreciation is not a bad thing =) ).  Do you guys have any workout goals? Any things to cross of a check list that you are working toward?  Let me know in the comments below =)

Thoughtfully yours
Regina

6 comments:

Cerena said...

regina, thats awesome! Props to you! Coming from those Arlington days/chest palpitations, this is a milestones. Keep at it, you'll be able to run a 5k soon. I'm trying to train for a 10k.... we'll see how it goes.

Anonymous said...

Good job. Before you know it, you will be doing triathlons.

My goal is just to get to gym consistanly. Although its ben kind of hard with classes.

Regina Roy said...

hahah triathlon.....umm I don't know how to swim so that would be a negative! And thanks for the encouragement lets see if I can repeat it =)

Anonymous said...

Hey that's great progress. I remember when I started, that 1st mile took forever. Now 4 miles before I start feeling it.
Currently working up to working out.

Anonymous said...

Hey hot stuff.;).

I mean woo hoo on the progress.

Colonel Brandon said...

BTW what happened to "Sunday Morning Thoughts from the Pewside."

just asking?