Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Style Icon (summer): Emily Maynard


Emily Maynard first appeared on the bachelor (she won) Brad womack's season (we all know how I feel about shows like the bachelor.....) but...I watched the show simply for her fashion. She did the show again last season as the bachelorette and we were able to see more of her lovely-chic fashion.



Here is how you can achieve Emily's flawless style:


1. Colorful scarves- Emily is not shy to dawn the scarves- a scarf adds a little something extra to any outfit  (this one is only 15$ at oldnavy  buy a similar one here http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=85043&vid=1&pid=576186)

2. You can never go wrong with a good pair of boots- especially for the fall- I got mine last year at target (they look like Frye boots)
3. Jeggings- Being a short girl finding a pair of skinny jeans that fit right lengthwise is very difficult over the summer my mom got me a pair of jeggings (jean leggings) on sale from Tommy Hilfigure (they were like 20$). I love them.
4. Trench Coat- This is a wardrobe staple--it can fit so many different styles- if you go to stores like papaya or forever 21 you can get a fairly cheap option
5. Essie Fiji- I feel as though this nail polish was made famous by Emily. It is a very light shade of pink--one that I would not normally be caught dead in...but it works.
6. I love stripes...they work with anything. The first shirt is on sale at Target for like 5$ ...the second one is from jcrew and it is 30% off. 
7. Another wardrobe staple- A black blazer with pin stripe lining- I recently found a suuper cheap option at Rue21 for 25$ (it doesn't look too shabby quality wise either)
8. wedge platforms were a staple for emily during the bachelorette- I showed two options, the more colorful ones--she actually wore on the show and they run around ~600$ and the coral ones are around 13$ at Target ( I think these work great and they don't hurt the wallet either)
9. Plaid is so in this fall. This shirt would go great over a pair jeggings or tucked into a skirt. 






View Emily's interview with the possessionista here: http://www.possessionista.com/2011/04/emily-maynard-fashion-exclusive.html

0 comments: