Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Healer: Fraud

So recent news has reported that the author of the song "healer" by planetshakers faked his terminal illness. Now I know this is a shock to almost everyone. The song was a hit and touched many lives and many who actually do have terminal illnesses. So the thought came to mind what should we do with this song? First idea was to trash the song since it obviously was written by fake who was seeking attention or to get his song on the charts. As a member of a praise and worship team I know the importance of worship and the meaning behind songs. So my first thought was to ban the song in an act of anger. After thinking about the issue I begin to think how great God is. He is a God who can turn a curse into a blessing. I also thought about the meaning of the song " I believe your my healer, I believe you are all I need, I believe youre my portion, I believe youre more then enough for me, Jesus youre all I need". Does the fact that the person who wrote the song is a fraud change the meaning? Is God not our healer simply because this man didn't have a terminal illness? He reads the scripture verse "by his stripes we are healed" Do we stop reading that verse as well. The truth is there are many frauds who represent the bible and what it stands for but that doesn't make the scripture or whats written any less valid. The meaning of the song stands true regardless of its origin. Whether this man intended to or not he brought praise to God and hope to many in need. It just goes to show that God can use anyone for his purpose and his glory.

0 comments: