Wednesday, July 1, 2009

ANGER

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!  > <
                                                                 ---

Anger is one of the strongest emotions. I am not entirely sure what to do when am angry, but I am sure that by the end of my angry spout. I am thoroughly exhausted. Today I am angry because I am just sick of it, I am sick of doing the work and caring, 
when there is simply no respect! I know, I know the mature thing to do is to realize that I am the adult and that in the end I want what's best. Were you aware that anger is a sin?
 
Galations 5:19 onwards (via the NCV version)

 19 The wrong things the sinful self does are clear: being sexually unfaithful, not being pure, taking part in sexual sins,20 worshiping gods, doing witchcraft, hating, making
 trouble, being jealous, being angry, being selfish, making people angry with each other, causing divisions among people,21 feeling envy, being drunk, having wild and wasteful partie
s, and doing other things like these. I warn you now as I warned you before: Those who do these things will not inherit God's kingdom.22 But the Spirit produces the fruit of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,23 gentleness, self-control. There is no law that says these things are wrong.24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified their own sinful selves. They have given up their old selfish feelings and the evil things they wanted to do.25 We get our new life from the Spirit, so we should follow the Spirit.26 We must not be proud or make trouble with each other or be jealous of each other.

Its funny I spend my saturdays teaching kids about the fruit of the spirit which is verse 22 onwards, but skip over 19. What if God was like me, in a moment of anger he would cast my soul to hell. I think of that short sermon I read in high school "sinners in the hand of an angry God". I was so upset when I read it, that I felt the need to raise my hand and correct the class. I wanted to explain to
 them that God was compassionate and patient, he would never accidently let a few people fall into the pits of hell simple because his arms were tired. The more I think about it the more I am glad that God has none of man's nature. I am glad that he has conquered all of these and became the very essence of the fruit of the spirit. I am sorry God, forgive me for bout of anger, and please do not take the words that I spoke seriously, you know my heart and my true desires. -Amen

On a complete 360 side note: Things that Calm me down!
1. venting (haha)
2.writing extremely long blog post
3.Watching Jane Austin books as films (ie sense and sensibility...secret longing for a colonol Brandon ;) )-Actually I have an affinity to all things british..has anyone noticed how their meals look so great...okay SO I am undercover fatty...I love watching people eat, like on TV but in specific ALL the british people with their teas and crumpet..and brunch and stuff...haha I was I was there!


0 comments: