Saturday, May 8, 2010

Office Spaces

Today I studied at the "fishbowl" at school. The "fishbowl" is a name given to the student lounge room?, perhaps thats not the best definition. It is a room for student use, it has a white board, two televisions, access to the balcony (which apparently was supposed to be off limits)-oops. upon further inspection, it also has a chalk board. Several chairs are placed around the room and it has a huge table in the center. Generally on an average day this room is taken up by students who are casually studying for an exam and don't mind the occasional interruption by passerby's. OH! I forgot to mention the room is surrounded by glass windows so everyone can see whats going on inside....(ala the name fishbowl). On most day's I find it difficult to study here because there is no privacy and sometimes i like to eat while studying (and I can't in front of others). The point is, TODAY, on a saturday, I started off being left with no option but to study in the fishbowl with a friend when I realized that all other study rooms where taken. I sat down. The lights are off and I am studying with the sunlight coming in from outside. It is extremely peaceful. I have come to a realization. I WANT AN OFFICE SPACE JUST LIKE THE FISHBOWL. I wish I could find a picture of an office space that could adequately describe what I am talking about. If you watch Eli Stone (you probably don't- this is an entry for another day.) his upgraded office (which previously used to be the library) IS PERFECT. ( If you are wondering, I already googled Eli Stone Office- no such luck).  I have come up with a plausible solution for the privacy issue, I am going to add blinds, the kind you can draw up mechanically. That way when I have private meetings or need TO GORGE down food, or maybe pace to get my thoughts out, (I also pace when I am on the phone), I will be able to do so without judgement. So NE ways I will one day have an office that is perfectly amazing! I don't have an image as of yet. But I will find one. And if you have any office space dreams send me pictures or leave a comment. =)

0 comments: