Thursday, March 3, 2011

Borders

This Post is Dedicated To: Lisa Varughese, Shervin Samuel, Robin Raju

I was in denial- It took a trip down to the store for me to actually understand the grandiosity of my dilemma, my place is closing down.

I know that most people's response to the news that borders is closing is to "go to barnes and noble". I have nothing against Barnes and Nobel in fact its one of my favorite bookstores-since its the only one that Corpus Christie seems to have. But the Borders in Mesquite holds a very special place in my heart.

I can't think of another place that brings back so many memories flashing back simultaneously. There have been heart felt book reads and conversations in the children's section, Awkward encounters at the coffee section while trying to study, A CRINGINGLY AWKWARD CONVO between the fiction and literature section over the phone-although it ended in me gaining a friend ;), friendly run-ins, a tell all by a good friend and many more. Even the parking lot can be credited for several interesting gift exchanges.

All in all I am left feeling empty like Meg Ryan's character, Kathleen Kelly, when her children's bookstore closed. I wish there was a way to petition to borders company to keep the one LEGITIMATE bookstore in MESQUITE TX alive.

In last words I would like to say,

Dear Borders,

You will be greatly missed, your open spaces, colorful arrays and assortments, delicious snacks, and wide variety of guest will not be forgotten, there shall be a horrible void where you were.

Sincerely,

An avid Customer ( who is now wishing she bought her "pretty little liars" series from you rather then barnes and noble)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will be missed indeed =(