Monday, July 11, 2011

PCNAK 2011 (a Review)

So I realize that it’s been a quite a long time since I have posted a blog, I blame the business of the summer and my general un-empty house over the past few days and weeks.  Results in less time alone and less time to think. But since I am about to go on a blog rampage, I figure I should start at the beginning….PCNAK 2011..Beware I will be forced to eat some of my words- spoken in a previous post.


I realize that generally I am a PCNAK hater …the kind that used to want to hold up picket signs that read, DOWN WITH PCNAK!- I, no longer have the right to make such absurd statements seeing as I have attended the last two PCNAKS consecutively and this year attended all meetings hosted. I EVEN helped put those random notices that you shove into the back of song books because they didn’t get printed on time…If you are reading this an you threw out those last two sheets in your glossy song book without a second thought, You are no longer a FRIEND.- My fingers are still dry from the thousands of song books and paper handling.

That being said, I must confess that PCNAK, although  I still hold my initial hesitations about the crazy party centric settings where people went to remind themselves that there is a social hierarchy and to raise their standings (or lower) in the big scheme of things, is not a bad institution. This year I was able to see a different side of things. Despite what some want to make PCNAK to be, there are still a generation of people that want to remember God BUT also want the opportunity to make connections with others whether it be new friends, bible study partners, business partners, spouses, etc (you get the picture). I once said why not make it just a social gathering…but what type of Christians are we, if we don’t bring God wherever we go?

Even I have to admit that there is some appeal to meeting a new group of people (not sure how much of that I truly did), or hanging out in a different setting (okay I went to bed pretty early every night…BUT IT’S THE THOUGHT THAT COUNTS). Maybe I feel this way because it’s a break from general routine, I didn’t feel as responsible for the actions of everything and everyone, I could sit in the back and listen to the word, without wondering what’s next. I was able to sing during worship from the seats without having to lose my voice from trying to hit impossibly high notes (I did lose my voice- but we are not going to talk about how). Maybe it was the togetherness, being in the same hotel as a million other malayalees  (this also has many disadvantages). Overall there is a sense of adrenaline pumping that can only come from a large scale conference. So I take back some of the awful, disheartening things I had said previously in said blog…





1 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW. You ate your words.

Did you suffer from gas, afterwards?