Thursday, August 18, 2011

Six Month Check UP!


So Many of you have probably wondered what has been going on. Several have even asked, since it has been about a month? Since my last post on the blog. I have been preparing/packing to move back to good ol’ Kingsville. My 6 months of hiatus from school and the stress of pharmacy school is up.

I thought I would just do a check up- Since My “monopoly do not pass go”- http://wordlessthoughts-pseudoname131.blogspot.com/2011/01/monopoly.html post which first explained my predicament and gave a list of things I would be trying to accomplish during the break:

Invest in expensive jeans and live it up- I think I was able to accomplish this one, those jeans were LIVED in and LOVED. Funny thing though- while in the process of packing to come back I found the pair of jeans that I came back home in ….which had been unused and dormant for 6 months. I started re-wearing them and remembering why they used to be the favorite. Different is good but old is GOLD.

Be More on Top of the BLOG- I think this was one I genuinely worked or strived towards. Over the course of the 6 months my blog became not anonymous, I had video blogs, and continuous style post. I would also try to update on music. SO CHECK.

Enroll in a random few classes- I enrolled in a marketing course. IT was random. BUT it was good to not be about pharmacy for a bit. Step out of my box.

I am working on a major project that I cannot reveal- FAIL. Still can’t reveal. BUT FAIL, is all that is needed.

Read a few good books- I did not the ones that are mentioned in the post….but I did literature reviews….HUNGER GAMES, and a few others =) and still reading….

Get a job- I TRIED …HONESTLY…I called, post-ited numbers, I even got hired, but then the offer was recanted once they found that I would be going  back to school in the fall  and would be unable to maintain the job.

The TRUTH: These past 6 months have been some of the hardest in my life. IT was an adjustment- EVERY STEP. I had to re-assess what I was doing with my life and how I was going to approach each and every situation. IT was a growing process, one that came with quite a bit of pain. BUT all in all, despite the random moments of sighs and the pushing back of tears, I am grateful. I can honestly say that I believe that God has a plan and at the end of the day he knows what he is doing, it will all work together better then I am sure I could have imagined (AND I HAVE A BIG IMAGINATION). Before I may have doubted God’s love and what he was doing after every unmet expectation but now I stand firm that regardless God is making a beautiful pot out of me =) I had the opportunity to work very closely with the youth of my church (which haven’t been able for such an extended period since 2009). It was both good/bad. Also a test of patience. But I am grateful for the group of kids who although have their flaws are also growing and watching them change and go through different stages and situations in their own lives.

I have changed. Some in good ways, some in bad. I am much less self assured and much more God assured. I think I am going to take this semester and blend in the middle. A semester of blending.

I realize this is a looong post. There will be more to come. I have a few ideas that I would genuinely like your thoughts on! I hope each and every one of you is doing well =) Tell me what you have been up to?






1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I for one am very proud to call you my friend.