Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Silly Rabbit, Valentine's Day is Just for Kids:


Some Holiday’s are Just meant for their childish joys- nothing more. Included in this category are (Halloween, and Valentines Day…)

Valentines Day:


I have to admit that I absolutely agree with @imarily (please excuse me I was just yelled at for not linking) in her post about the ridiculousness of this holiday which was solely invented by hallmark and other card makers in a mass scheme to swindle your hard earned money.

Sorry to break it to you folks, today is no different then any other day. Don’t be fooled by the influx of red, white and pink in the stores or the heart shaped candy boxes.

Many of you reading this may discount these thoughts as the bitter rants of a single woman. Be not mistaken I am a huge fan of small sentiments. It is absolutely the little details that make life all the more wonderful. What I don’t understand is why celebrate on the same day as millions of other people? Why go through these cheesy charades….woudn’t roses be sweeter when received with no expectation? Or cards randomly on crappy days? I feel like valentines day is a pitfall for guys or girls to not do the necessary care throughout the relationship and amass it into one day. Hey, if you play your cards right I am sure you can even get a discount.

Don’t get me wrong, I loved valentines day as a child, I liked the whole paper lunch bags (which I decorated very nicely) and the mass amount of candy which EVERYONE GOT. In fact today during class (grad school) when some students passed out the cardboard vday cards it brought back fond memories, but then as I overheard some talking about their “lonely valentines day” I was brought back to the reality of what is left of a once decent holiday.

To all my single ladies, contrary to your beliefs valentine’s day is not singles awareness day. It is not meant to be a day where you are reminded of the fact that you have no one to share your time with (what were you doing all the time leading up to valentines day? And why are you not concerned about it then?).

All in all valentines day is just another day, but the day after valentines day ...CHOCOLATE IS HALF OFF!!!!!

7 comments:

Regina Roy said...

wow- just caught some of those type-os. Thank God for the opportunity to revise. =) Just as a side note to all: I have grammar issues. Feel free to correct or comment. Ill fix it. Thanks. =)

yliram said...

Woman! Link my blog! What sort of promotion is it if there's no link? :-)

You're valued. Don't forget that.

Regina Roy said...

I linked =) click away!

Colonel Brandon said...

If you say so, cancelled the dozen roses and A capella quartet. But I think you would have liked it. :)

Regina Roy said...

what makes you think I like roses or Quartets? Keep reading Brandon!

Colonel Brandon said...

Yes mademoiselle. I am learning, I am learning.

Anonymous said...

^^^SMH. No comment.