Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Transitory Relationships

Most relationships seem so fading.  There isn't anything that binds. I have seen it so many times when best friends become enemies or when love turns to hate. The word relationship encompasses more then just the boyfriend/girlfriend pda. It spans fields such as friendship, classmates, and business. Regardless of the category of the relationships all of them have an expiration date that tells of an unbecoming end. The exception to the rule is family. There is something about the blood bond between family that keeps them together regardless of differences that would tare the closest of friends apart.
Throughout my life I considered myself blessed with my encounters with friends. I never had to look or search for them. They came from all sorts of places and became very near to my heart. The problem with me is that I become overly attached. Now you may ask how this actually presents itself as problem. It usually isn't, that is until the friendship expires. Then what do I do? I end up going through a heart wrenching break in which i am left shattered. Very recently a close friend of mine decided to date a guy that I was very close too. She neglected to ask me if there was anything wrong with the situation or that he even asked her out. Now for the most part she has the right to do whatever she pleases. After all its her life. The problem lies within the fact that she is a friend which gives her added responsibilities. Being a friend means taking on those responsibilities despite your current wave of emotion.
Overall the situation ended pretty badly. Although I was able to look at the transitory state of relationship with a different perspective it honestly leaves a bad taste in my mouth. What is so wrong with forever and commitment. Why is everyone afraid to solve problems and so quick to runaway. I have noticed that the word irreconcilable differences is tossed around with simply no care. What does that mean anyway? What difference could you have (other then the fact that the other wants to kill you) that you couldn't reconcile. Why not peel the expiration date off. Relationships are much like bread, keep refrigerated and it will live much longer then the printed expiration date.

0 comments: