Wednesday, September 10, 2008

De Ja Vu

So today I took the bus after a long time. The last time I consistently took the bus was freshman year. It was a strange sensation, having to wait there. While I was waiting two freshman walked up and were talking loudly to each other. How do I know they are freshman, you ask? Well it was apparent in their manner and the content of the conversation. Finally they looked at me and asked if I was a freshman. I smiled slowly and responded that I was a senior. They asked a few questions about classes and majors, the normal fake chatter that comes with waiting at a bus stand in the rain . It made me think back to my days as a freshman. I wonder if I was like them, excited and willing to take on the world. Trying hard to find more of my own kind. No doubt to become Facebook friends and create study groups. Even when writing this a small knowing smile creeps on my face. I now return to the new yorker which lies waiting at the edge of the table at the library.

0 comments: